This is the second post in our COVID-19 series. Read the first one here.
You can definitely still sell your house during COVID. You can do it privately or with a realtor. A good realtor will get your house sold depending on what your values and goals are, and your situation when you sell your house during COVID.
But first, you will have to jump through a lot of hoops. Some of them are:
With a realtor, you will have a lot of strangers walking through your house in order to sell it properly.
Realtors need to show your house to as many people as possible to make sure
you get the most value possible for your house, so people will book showings in your house and that means you have to vacate your house. You shouldn’t be there while a potential buyer is doing a walkthrough.
I recently saw a listing with over 100 viewings in 1 week…That’s the demand and pressure out there right now!
99% of folk buying a house through a realtor are families who will live in that house. They probably don’t have the cash to buy it outright, so they have to get financing.
But the problem is:
- Financing is not as guaranteed as it used to be, even though the interest rates are at an all-time low right now.
- Banks are backing out of deals. In a recent conversation with a mortgage broker, I learned that a major Canadian bank backed out of a deal forcing the buyer to find alternative financing and asking for a two-week extension on the agreement of sale.
This means that a seller who’s anticipating having their house sold today would have to wait for 2 extra. A lot can happen in 2 weeks. Nothing is guaranteed.
If you don’t want to jump through these hoops, if you want certainty that your house would get sold quickly and if you want a smooth process, selling to a private buyer like Hometown House Buyers is your best option.
When you sell your house to Hometown House Buyers…
- There are no financing conditions. We are the buyer and when we make you an offer, it’s a firm commitment so you get that certainty.
- We do not come to see your house in person. CLICK HERE to learn how this process works.
- You don’t have to deal with strangers walking through your house as we will only ask for a home inspection.
What is the best way to start?
Making this decision could be a time-consuming process especially with COVID. We want to make sure that you get all the information you need to make the best decision for you.
The best way to start is by giving us a call at 289-203-7200.
Let us start the conversation and figure out if we can work with you. If not, we’ll point you in the right direction and to people we trust.
We want to give you an idea of what your next steps are. Let’s work together!